These guidelines aim to promote healthy behaviors and practices that will help the population aged two years and older to make healthy food choices.
The guidelines include 8 key messages for healthy eating and physical activity, namely:
- Eat a variety of foods from all the food groups daily;
- Eat a variety of fruits daily;
- Eat a variety of vegetables daily;
- Include peas, beans and nuts in your daily meals;
- Reduce intake of salty and processed foods;
- Reduce intake of fats and oils;
- Reduce intake of sugary foods and drinks;
- Make physical activity a part of your daily routine.