The National Operational Plan of Action seeks to operationalize the obesity prevention activities of the National Strategic and Action Plan for the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases (NCDs).
The National Operational Plan of Action outlines six lines of action with strategies to address childhood obesity, diet and physical activity-related risk factors and country capacity, namely:
- Obesity prevention and control in primary health care services.
- Protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding.
- School-based interventions.
- Fiscal policies and regulation of food marketing and labeling.
- Physical activity and health promotion.
- Surveillance, research and evaluation